A rosary is a string of beads placed in a specific order and spacing to help guide meditation and contemplation about the lives of Jesus and Mary on earth. At the Loretto Chapel, we offer a large selection of rosaries or Catholic prayer beads from inexpensive glass to some of the finest sterling silver rosaries hand-crafted by artisans in the United States. We have collectible rosaries featuring authentic Swarovski rosary beads, Murano glass rosary beads from Italy, carved bone, and wooden rosary beads. We carry only high quality rosaries--no cheap rosaries here! In addition, you can find a rosary case or rosary box to keep your rosary close and protected. And to help the life-long Catholic and the novice alike, we offer a variety of books to guide your prayers and devotions.
Our Lady Of Guadalupe Jewelry and Collectables
In December of 1531, Juan Diego, an Aztec Indian living outside of Mexico City encountered an apparition of the Virgin Mary. She instructed him to go to the archbishop and have a church built in her honor on that spot. Juan Diego did as instructed, but the archbishop did not believe him. The Virgin appeared to him three more times insisting on the same and eventually giving him proof of her existence. On Her fourth visit to Juan Diego, She told him that She had healed his dying uncle (to whom she also appeared). She also instructed him to gather flowers on the top of Tepeyak Hill. He did so, and found Castilian roses which did not grow in that area (especially not in December). Juan Diego gathered them in his cloak and took them to the bishop. Upon opening his cloak, an image of Mary was emblazoned on the fabric. A shrine, known as Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, was built on that spot, and Juan Diego's cloak is housed in it. Her Basilica is the most visited Catholic shrine in the world.
Feast Day: December 12
Patron of Mexico and the Americas
- We have an extensive choice of rosaries for many occasions and every stage of life. Starting with baptism rosaries and rosaries for kids, then into Communion and Confirmation rosaries for both boys and girls. These rosaries will feature a chalice or Holy Spirit dove symbolizing purity and the visible, bodily shape of the Holy Spirit at Jesus' baptism.
- We have a selection of heirloom wedding rosaries perfect for being cherished then handed down to a daughter at her wedding. The lasso rosary chain is popular among couples who would like to feature a new tradition in their ceremonies, and it comes as a silver rosary or a gold rosary with an intricate keepsake box.
- Funeral rosaries can provide a way to focus grief and find peace and remembrance in a time of need. Memorial rosaries offer a way to remember and celebrate the lives of those we lose while finding serenity through the repetitive prayers.
- Men's rosaries tend to be more earthy in color (such as a brown or black rosary), which is why we recommend our selection of wooden rosaries, black or silver stainless steel rosaries, hematite rosaries, or black crystal for rosary beads for men.
- Catholic rosary beads can reflect different devotions represented through the rosary center. While most reflect images of Mary, we offer specialty rosaries such as the Divine Mercy rosary, the Carpenter's rosary, rosaries featuring a Loretto Chapel center, and St. Francis (Franciscan) rosaries.
- Chaplets, or mini rosaries are smaller, usually reflecting one decade of beads. These pocket rosaries can be easily worn or carried for instant access. We have many versions from a wallet card, to a rosary ring, to bracelets. While wearing rosary jewelry for the sake of ornamentation or as mere jewelry is frowned upon, there is nothing wrong with wearing your useable rosary for constant comfort, accessibility, and as a show of faith. We have many crosses with rosary beads that can be worn as a bracelet, ring, or around the neck. And don't forget your car! We carry a large selection of auto rosaries (and visor clips) that can be fastened around the rear view mirror.